A virtual or VPS server is an isolated part of a physical server device. They are based on standard servers. It is not always possible to choose the operating system for a dedicated device.
There are two terms – VPS and VDS servers – which are identical. The first stands for “Virtual Private Server”, and the second stands for “Virtual Dedicated Server”. The term “VDS hosting” is used in the English-speaking internet community, while “VPS” is used in the Russian-speaking community. They both refer to the same thing.
VIRTUAL VPS SERVER
Devices differ in the type of virtualization used. This is a methodology for distributing the resources of a physical server between the needs of a virtual server. Hosting providers use 3 methods:
- OS-level virtualization: VPS runs on a physical server. It is not possible to choose the operating system. Only versions compatible with the parent system can be installed. Users have less control over the device and cannot install any software. The hosting provider determines the list of available programs. In practice, each user has their own space on a shared desktop, while other resources remain shared.
- Paravirtual OS: These servers have their own kernel, but their capabilities are limited. The selection of software is wider, but not all operating systems can be installed. It’s like having a personal desktop in a shared room.
- Full OS virtualization: Devices run on their own kernel, with no limitations. Any software compatible with the system can be installed. It’s like having a personal room.
VPS resources have several advantages:
- The ability to choose the best tariff plan.
- Stability is ensured by professionals.
- The owner of the virtual device controls the website and manages its operation.
WHERE TO RENT A VIRTUAL SERVER?
RX-name company hosts websites in its own data center in Ukraine. We work with Linux and Windows OS. Our clients enjoy the following advantages:
- Our virtual device provides more opportunities for the client’s website. Using a dedicated server is appropriate if the website needs more space on the hosting.
- Modern management technologies. Xen-virtualization provides the client with full control over the virtual server, DNS settings, and resource monitoring.
- Free DNS management service. Clients can add their domains and manage their records.
- Reliability and security. ECC RDIMM modules instantly correct errors. The RAID controller reserves information in case of a disk failure.
- High-speed SSD disks. They improve the website’s speed due to the system’s high data input performance.
- 24/7 free technical support. RX name staff will provide advice on any issue at any time.
Contact RX-NAME if you need to rent or buy a server at a good price. We provide a professional approach, offer a reliable virtual server with high-speed SSD disks. We guarantee uninterrupted operation of your website and provide quality technical support.